Apple Crumble with Yerba Mate Recipe
Credit to Marcela Baggio for the recipe!
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 apples peeled and cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Meta Mate Raw
- ¾ cup wheat flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon Meta Mate Raw
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup iced butter
- Dissolve the starch in water and place in a pot with the other ingredients
- Cook on medium heat, stirring until boiling, lower the heat to let simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or until the syrup is thick and the apples well cooked.
- Transfer to a baking dish that can go into the oven and let it cool down well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Chop the chilled butter into small cubes and place it on top of the flour with the ingredients , use your fingertips to mix, crumbling the butter with the flour to make a flaky mixture.
- Place the Crumble on top of the apple sauce.
- Preheat the oven at 230°C for 10 minutes, bake the crumble for about 18 minutes or until the flour is golden-brown.