How To Make Yerba Mate In A French Press
One of the easiest ways to brew yerba mate. It's brewed similar to coffee. You may want to pick a yerba mate that has bigger leaves and includes stems so it doesn't seem through the plunger as you push down.
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 8 mins
Optional for added flavor
- grated ginger
- mint leaves
- Place your yerba mate into the filter of the French press.
- If desired, add grated ginger, mint leaves, or citrus to flavor the mate.
- Slowly pour the warm water over the yerba mate.
- Brew for 4 to 6 minutes, depending on desired strength.
- Slowly push down the plunger of the French press. Serve.