Yerba Mate Crepes With Baked Apples
These crepes will bring a sweet, earthy flavor to your morning. You’ll love the subtle combination of fall-inspired spices with sweet apples and hearty yerba mate. This recipe works with any type of brewed yerba mate. If you want a more robust yerba mate flavor, use a strong brewed yerba. For a milder flavor, brew a lighter batch. You can use any brewing method, so choose your favorite, and don’t forget to make extra for sipping while you cook!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
For the filling
- 1 tbsp Butter. melted
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmag
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 3 Medium Apples. peeled, cored, and diced
For the crepes
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¾ cup Liquid brewed yerba mate
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup Powdered sugar
To make the filling
- Preheat oven to 350F / 176C
- In a bowl, whisk together butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and brewed yerba mate. Add apples and toss to coat well. Transfer mixture to a small casserole dish.
- Transfer casserole dish to the oven and bake 30-40 minutes until apples are tender.
To make crepes
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, brewed yerba mate, flour, and butter until smooth.
- Grease a skillet and set over medium-high heat. Scoop a scant 1/4 cup into the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook 30 seconds per side. Repeat until all batter is cooked.
- Fill crepes with apples, roll, and dust with powdered sugar (optional).